The ango this year will be online through zoom.
The theme of the ango will be “The Eightfold Path We Walk Together.”
• The Sunday talks on March 14 – April 4 will be on the topic of the ango.
• The ango study group will meet on Wednesday evenings, March 10 – April 7, 6:00 to 8:00 (possibly ending earlier on some evenings). During these meetings, participants are invited to offer brief (5-10 minute) presentations to express and share their own understandings, experiences and living applications of one or more folds of the Eightfold Path. We particularly invite developing connections between the Eightfold Path and contemporary issues including social justice, living in the pandemic and the climate crisis.
• We plan to hold an ango practice day combined with the Sunday offering on March 21, 9:15 am – 3:00 pm.
The Eightfold Path is a classic exposition of the 4th Noble Truth of the Path (the 4 Noble Truths are the truths of suffering, the cause of suffering, freedom from suffering, and the path).
The Eightfold Path consists of:
1. Skillful View (or Understanding)
2. Skillful Intention (or Resolve or Vow)
3. Skillful Speech (or Conversation)
4. Skillful Action (or Conduct)
5. Skillful Livelihood (or Integration)
6. Skillful Effort (or Energy)
7. Skillful Mindfulness (or Recollection of Teachings)
8. Skillful Concentration (or Meditation)
There are a number of books which discuss the Eightfold Path. We would like to recommend the following as our base text:
The Eightfold Path edited by Jikyo Cheryl Wolfer (Temple Ground Press). It is a compilation of commentaries on each fold by contemporary woman Zen teachers.
The ango will be led by Dojin and Korin.
Suggested donation for Ango: members $110, non-members $150, if you’re having financial hardship, please email (see below), no one turned away for lack of funds
Please sign up by sending an email to stonecreek@