On January 29, after many delays in the renovation process, we finally returned to the zendo. We are very close to completing our campaign to raise $180,000 for this final phase. We appreciate your contribution to get us over the finish line.
To donate by check:
Stone Creek Zen Center
PO Box 56
Sebastopol, CA 95473
In 2017, the sangha was able to purchase the Stone Creek Zen Center building it had been in since 2009. As part of the permitting process, needed upgrades and expansions were required, and in 2019, construction began, with a projected timeframe of six months.
More than three years later, after the delays of Covid and other challenges, the zendo has reopened.
The new and expanded Stone Creek Zen Center includes
- A new, larger zendo for meditation and ceremonies
- A beautiful landscaped garden for walking meditation and contemplation
- A place for regular practice and retreats
- A sangha room for fellowship and study
- An upgraded sound system
- A place to explore Dharma perspectives on the challenges of our time, from racial justice to ecological crisis to mental health
- A meeting place for community service groups
- A place of refuge and peace in the midst of uncertainty
We deeply appreciate all contributions.
Your contribution to Stone Creek Zen Center is tax-deductible to the extent permitted by law. Stone Creek Zen Center is a non-profit 501 (c)(3) organization. EIN 31-1547322