The new zendo is almost complete! Help us finish the renovation and open the doors for Zen practice.
To donate by check:
Stone Creek Zen Center
PO Box 56
Sebastopol, CA 95473
In 2017, the sangha was able to purchase the Stone Creek Zen Center building it had been in since 2009. As part of the permitting process, needed upgrades and expansions were required, and in 2019, construction began, with a projected timeframe of six months.
Now, two-and-a-half years later, after Covid, permitting delays, and significant cost increases, construction has resumed, and we’re almost there!
We hope to be able to return to the zendo before the end of this year. But we need your help.
The new and expanded Stone Creek Zen Center will include
- A new, larger zendo for meditation and ceremonies
- A beautiful landscaped garden for walking meditation and contemplation
- A sangha room for fellowship and study
- Daily zazen meditation sessions and an extended Sunday program
- Classes, workshops, and retreats
- Hybrid AV capability for greater reach through online access
- A place to explore Dharma perspectives on the challenges of our time, from racial justice to ecological crisis to mental health
- A meeting place for community service groups
- A place of refuge and peace in the midst of uncertainty
We deeply appreciate all contributions.
Your contribution to Stone Creek Zen Center is tax-deductible to the extent permitted by law. Stone Creek Zen Center is a non-profit 501 (c)(3) organization. EIN 31-1547322